Thursday, January 24, 2013

Baby Boy's Suit! PR&P

Okaaay..... So I wasn't planning on joining this week for boys week. I mean, when we got the themes I had all my ideas ready to go, but then... well you know how it goes. I knew right off the bat that I wouldn't be able to do anything for the stripes and polka dots week, but had hoped I would be able to squeeze something in for this week. Especially since I really really needed motivation to make something for my baby boy! I've always wanted to try my hand at a suit. We wear suits to church every service, so... they're pretty high in demand here. Well, the boys wear the suits lol. And I have 3 Boys! A big ole 11 year old, a 9 year old, and then there's my baby at 21 mos. So I did just that, I SQUEEZED in a project for this week. Within a few hours... Started a little before dinner, and finished like 10 minutes ago @11:30pm. Hence the awful awful photos! I will add some more, with a handsome beau inside of it, but for now, here you go... A church suit!
P.S.... Those buttons aren't crooked, I guess I should have straightened the jacket out a little better... and maybe ironed it?... Lol.
 
UPDATED PIC IN ACTION:
 
 

2 comments:

  1. That is such a cute little suit - do you have any tips? I'm planning on making my son a suit for Easter mass. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as far as tips go, I'm kinda empty there. I seriously did this on a last minute whim! But here's some areas where I had trouble...
      I made my own pattern, and whish I had just bought a pre made one.
      I used stretchy fabric for the lining (it was the first thing I could find)
      The lapels kept bunching up, and I had to keep turning it back inside out so I could clip the corners. (Still bunches a bit.) (less with good ironing, and forcing it to go where it needs to with the top stitching.)
      Check that it's going to fit as soon as you finish either the shell, or the lining.
      And that's about it I think... :)Hope it helps. I am so in love with this suit though, I think I just might make another one, and I'm hoping to document it along the way. That'd be fun.

      Delete